Square-Enix, the major publishers of some well-known series like Kingdom Hearts and Tomb Raider, finally launches the Final Fantasy VI for iOS devices soon after the release of Final Fantasy IV last November. The game is available on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch running iOS 7.0 or above.
The main game story revolves around the evil force The Empire and two rebels Terra and Locke trying to bring them down. The game has the same fast-paced Active Time Battle gameplay as the console release of the game.
Final Fantasy VI was first ported to mobile devices back in 1994. Square-Enix producer Takashi Tokita last year confirmed its port to the iOS platform. Since then, several screenshots and teasers of the game were released.
Some features of the iOS release as pointed out by Square-Enix are as under.
- Game data saved with iCloud can now be shared across devices!
- All graphics have been painstakingly recreated, bringing the world of FINAL FANTASY VI to your mobile device for the very first time!
- Square Enix’s vast experience in A-list smartphone RPG titles has been harnessed in implementing intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens.
- This smartphone release includes the new magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake.
- Some events have been optimized to be played with user-friendly touch controls.
The game features the same changes as present in its Android version. However, the iOS port is believed to be less buggy than the Android one.
While the Final Fantasy is much acclaimed amond dedicated gamers, its iOS port was not welcomed by the users mainly because of its high price of $16 and the graphics which “could have been much better” they say.
Final Fantasy VI iOS game is available on the App store for $15.99. [Direct link]