There might always have been a time when you were waken up in the morning wishing you were waking up to your favorite or a relaxing song instead of that classic beeping tone.
Thankfully, your iPhone can do it. You can set a custom alarm tone in your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running iOS 7 or higher. We are going to show you how to set up custom alarm tone in your iOS devices. It works on iOS 7, iOS 8 and iOS 9.
Here’s how to set up a song or an audio track as the alarm tone on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Clock app on your iPhone
- Select Alarm from the bottom menu
- Tap on ‘+‘ to set up new alarm or tap ‘Edit’ to set custom tone on existing alarm.
- Tap on Sound
- Scroll to the top of the screen and tap on Pick a song (under SONGS)
- Pick the song or tone you want to put as an alarm tone
- Now the song you selected will be set as your alarm tone.
You’re done. That was easy, right?
If you wish to add custom sound, but not the song, then you can download the alarm tones from the internet and put the and add it to your iPhone via iTunes. And then you can set it as your alarm tone as described above.
You can set different tones for different alarms — just set a net alarm and repeat the same steps above. You can also purchase tones directly from iTunes store as well.
Bonus tip: I personally recommend to set up a song that evokes enthusiasm in you so the music will trigger your brain to wake up and unconsciously flow with the music.
Check out our other how-to guides for iPhone and iPad.